cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens compatibility????? On a T3i

Gerilynn
Contributor

Will this lens go on my T3i?Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM Lens (white box) for Canon EOS Digital

14 REPLIES 14

OK, pretty nice shot! Smiley Happy

What exactly is your complaint?    I will guess you want it to be more sharp?  Which lens did you use?  You stripped the exif so I can't tell much about the photo.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I'm trying to step up from my kit lenses that came with the camera but I don't know which one would be best to purchase for photo shots like this and walk around shots around six-900 dollars.

i purchased the cheaper 50mm this photo was takin,  but I don't like it since all my photos are mostly with horses and action.

all three of my lenses  all three of my lenses  are grainy and not clear.

Thank you kindly for help and advice 

image.jpeg

That photo looks pretty good to me and is about what you can expect from your gear.  You can get a little more IQ if you will stop down a bit more. f5.6 or f8 will give better DOF and will appear to be more sharp.  For a static shot like that you can use a SS of 1/100 or so.  Save 1/800 for action shots.

The Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens is going to be a wonderful choice for you.  I will bet you put it on your camera and never take it off !  It isn't quite as sharp as your nifty fifty prime but few zooms can claim that.  Plus the Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens at B&H or Adorama is in your stated price range, about $780.  Another plus, if you decide to get a better camera later on the Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens is a worthy lens to go along.

I think you need to consider your techniques a bit.  Try the settings I suggested.  BTW, are you shooting RAW or jpg?  You really need to use RAW if you are not.  This requires post processing but if you truly want to better your photography this is what it takes.  The "best" is not possibile with jpg no matter what lens you have.

You also need to forget the camera has the 'green square' on it's dial.  It is always a compromise.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Your Canon EOS Rebel T3i can use any Canon EOS lens in the lineup.. except a couple of the new lenses that were designed exclusively for use on the Canon "mirrorless" bodies.  Those dedciated lenses for mirrorless bodies will have the letters "EF-M" in the name of the lens.    

That means you can use any Canon EOS EF, EF-S, TS-E, or MP-E lens in the Canon EOS lens lineup (past, present, or future!)  

You cannot use the Canon EOS EF-M lenses (those only work with EOS-M series bodies.)

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements