cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens auto rotate to focus which taking pictures

snmsantosh
Contributor
I used to have canon t5i which I bought from costco wholesale which camera lens (18-55mm) do auto rotate to focus the image while taking photos now i have canon t6i which I bought from bestbuy this camera lens doesn't auto rotate to focus the picture it just capture the image whatever it detect without rotating the lens to focus. Is this the problem with lens or camera or what ?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@snmsantosh wrote:
I used to have canon t5i which I bought from costco wholesale which camera lens (18-55mm) do auto rotate to focus the image while taking photos now i have canon t6i which I bought from bestbuy this camera lens doesn't auto rotate to focus the picture it just capture the image whatever it detect without rotating the lens to focus. Is this the problem with lens or camera or what ?

What you're saying is that sometimes the front element rotates (making it hard to use a polarizing filter) and sometimes it doesn't; right? That's entirely a function of the lens. In most modern lenses the front element doesn't rotate, but in a few cheaper lenses it does.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

View solution in original post

snmsantosh
Contributor
Yes exactly this lens never rotates
Oh! I thought this was the problem
i.e my lens is modern
Thank you..,.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Is the lens in AF or MF mode?

@snmsantosh wrote:

What you're saying is that sometimes the front element rotates (making it hard to use a polarizing filter) and sometimes it doesn't; right? That's entirely a function of the lens. In most modern lenses the front element doesn't rotate, but in a few cheaper lenses it does.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

snmsantosh
Contributor
Yes exactly this lens never rotates
Oh! I thought this was the problem
i.e my lens is modern
Thank you..,.

snmsantosh
Contributor
I put on both AF and MF mode to check Now it is in AF
@kvbarkley