cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LC-E10 charger/battery not working?

Gatorade92
Contributor

I bought a brand new Rebel T6 and it seems that my battery is not charging.  My product came with a LC-E10 battery charger.  When I put it into the power outlet, the 'charge' LED will blink every 1 second.  I am disappointed the owners manual says nothing whatsoever about the display light blinking or being solid.

I have left it charging for up to 3 hours yet when trying to power on the camera, nothing happens.

my best guess is that the battery is completely dead/unrecognizable to the charger.  Does anyone have experience with this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Gatorade92
Contributor

If anyone is wondering, I got a different result using the same charger with a different battery

this time, with the new battery the 'charge' LED stayed solid and didn't blink at all.  After two hours of charging, it was fully charged.  My problem was certainly unique to the original battery I was using.

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30

Gatorade92
Contributor
12 hours is crazy. The owners manual says it takes 2 hours to fully charge an "exhausted" battery. Whether that means straight out the box or after normal use is beyond me.

The status of the blinking light hasn't changed

@Gatorade92 wrote:
12 hours is crazy. The owners manual says it takes 2 hours to fully charge an "exhausted" battery. Whether that means straight out the box or after normal use is beyond me.

The status of the blinking light hasn't changed

Okay.  Have it your way.  Believe what you want.  Ignore all the advice you want.  But, your way does not seem to work.

The initial charge is a one time process, which is why it takes so long.  If you have interrupted that process, and tried to use the battery, you may have comprised the capacity of the battery.  Yup, go buy a new one.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Gatorade92
Contributor
Lol ok I'm not ignoring your advice or having anything "my way".

If anything I would hope the owners manual would put emphasis on an initial charge process, which makes sense and I'm trying that now.

Gatorade92
Contributor

If anyone is wondering, I got a different result using the same charger with a different battery

this time, with the new battery the 'charge' LED stayed solid and didn't blink at all.  After two hours of charging, it was fully charged.  My problem was certainly unique to the original battery I was using.

Alpha97
Apprentice
Hey. My Lc-e10 chager blinks about once or twice a second without the battery being inside. Amy solutions?

Hi Alpha97,

Thanks for posting.

So we may better assist you, please let us know the camera model you're using.  In addition, please let us know when you purchased it.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Bought a Rebel T6 in December 2016. Battery charger is an LC-E10 for battery LP-E10. Initially charged battery as required. Used the camera sporadically from January to August. Charged the battery 2-3 times during that period. Have not used camera until this week (December 1st). The battery has a very low charge as indicated in the display. The charger will not recognize the battery -- no lights come on. Have cleaned the contact terminals, no change. One would think the charger would last more than a handful of charges. Any suggestions other than buy a new charger? Thanks.

Ewad17 wrote:
Bought a Rebel T6 in December 2016. Battery charger is an LC-E10 for battery LP-E10. Initially charged battery as required. Used the camera sporadically from January to August. Charged the battery 2-3 times during that period. Have not used camera until this week (December 1st). The battery has a very low charge as indicated in the display. The charger will not recognize the battery -- no lights come on. Have cleaned the contact terminals, no change. One would think the charger would last more than a handful of charges. Any suggestions other than buy a new charger? Thanks.

I'd be more inclined to suspect the battery of being the problem, rather than the charger. If you have only one of each, I'd suggest that you buy a new battery before before you consider buying a new charger. Ideally, you should have a spare of both; but a spare battery is more of a necessity, and a charger is less likely to fail.

When in last December did you buy the camera? Whichever device is failing may not be out of warranty.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Thanks Bob, The battery still was powering the camera, so I deferred to a new charger. Found one on ebay for $16 and free shipping. If it does not work, then I will get a battery replacement. Canon's warranty on the battery and charger is 90 days. Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Alpha97
Apprentice
Sorry for the grammar.
Announcements