cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Connecting to Mac via Wifi (Big Sur)

brinbrin
Apprentice

Hello friends, 

I could really use some help. 

I am attempting to use the Wifi/LAN option with Mac to change my picture style file settings for my Canon Rebel T6i, but I simply cannot connect the two and it's discouraging.

There are only two issues I can imagine would be stopping it.

1: I'm connected via hotspot from my phone on both the camera and the Mac.  Maybe this is a problem?  

2: I downloaded from the EOS Utility as an earlier version from Canon website because there were no options for the new Big Sur operating system 

Any guidance? 

Has anyone figured out a way to operate EOS Uitility with the Big Sur update?  

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

The T6i will not connect to a computer using WiFi.

Screenshot 2021-01-26 065558.jpg

You can download and install EOSU from the Catalina page; it will work fine in Big Sur. I use it on a MacBook Air.

Just curious, even if you could, why would you want to connect the camera via WiFi to a computer to change the Picture Style when you can do it right on the camera?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hey John,

Thanks for your help!  Just clarifying, you mean it's not at all possible to access camera settings using WiFi for Rebel T6i and the only way is via USB.  Is that right?

And I need the computer as I'm attempting to install a third-party C-LOG picture style. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Yes, just USB. And when connect USB turn of any WiFi settings.

OK, I understand installing what you doing with custom PS. I thought you meant change from one PS to another.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements