cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to fix the No Card in Camera problem on a T3i without spending $190 plus shipping?

AnacondaSlim
Apprentice

I took some night pictures on Wednesday. Downloaded them to my laptop and replaced the card in the camera and when I tried using the camera the next morning it displayed "NO CARD IN CAMERA". I placed the card back in my laptop and it worked fine. Place it back in the camera and .... "NO CARD IN CAMERA". So I went on line and a few suggestions said to use compressed canned air. I tried it and it still said "NO CARD IN CAMERA". I went and purchased an new SANDISK 16GB card and ..... "NO CARD IN CAMERA". Does anyone have ay suggestions other than sending it in for repair at the cost of $190 plus shipping?

28 REPLIES 28

Italian4215
Enthusiast
Have you tried formatting the card in the camera? Just a suggestion, and if that doesn't work, based on what you said, it may be an actual issue with your camera.
MY EQUIPMENT:
EOS Rebel T4i
EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II
EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II
(2) B+W 5.8 010 UV - Haze 1x MRC (F - PRO Series filter)
HOYA 58mm HMC Multi-Coated ND8 Filter

bobakman
Enthusiast
Does it also occur with different cards as well?
Bob
"Cameras don't take pictures, photographers do."

I tried different cards and when I tried to format a card in the camera the first message that appeared was "No Card in Camera"

I would contact Canons tech/support team and see what they say about it.

MY EQUIPMENT:
EOS Rebel T4i

I have sent the camera to Canon for repair. It will cost a total of 250 dollars. Not happy but I cannot afford another camera. The issue arose overnight with no physical damage since the camera was in its case, on a shelf with no one else having access to the camera. It is only 1 and 1/2 years old. From searching on this and other forums this is a known issue and I believe Canon should do a recall for this problem.

I would write a formal complaint to Canon about the issue and how unhappy you are with the outcome. They just might discount you or refund your money due to your inconvinience and troubles. I highly doubt it, but it is always worth a try. At least you'll get your voice heard. Who knows, maybe they have gotten a lot of those complaints and yours will top it and they will do a recall. In any event, my therory is write them a letter and let them know you aren't happy. NO COMPANY likes to hear that their customers are unhappy cause it can cost them potential sales in the future. Best of luck!

MY EQUIPMENT:
EOS Rebel T4i

Thank you. I will try your suggestion and hope for the best.

Would love to hear the outcome. Hope all went ok.
MY EQUIPMENT:
EOS Rebel T4i

I agree. I had the same problem.
Announcements