cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to fix the No Card in Camera problem on a T3i without spending $190 plus shipping?

AnacondaSlim
Apprentice

I took some night pictures on Wednesday. Downloaded them to my laptop and replaced the card in the camera and when I tried using the camera the next morning it displayed "NO CARD IN CAMERA". I placed the card back in my laptop and it worked fine. Place it back in the camera and .... "NO CARD IN CAMERA". So I went on line and a few suggestions said to use compressed canned air. I tried it and it still said "NO CARD IN CAMERA". I went and purchased an new SANDISK 16GB card and ..... "NO CARD IN CAMERA". Does anyone have ay suggestions other than sending it in for repair at the cost of $190 plus shipping?

28 REPLIES 28

truchoemail
Apprentice

I locked the SD card and put it in the camera. It said the card was locked. I took the card out and unlocked it and put it back in and it worked thank goodness.

lhalasz
Apprentice

Ok, I just registered as a user on this forum to post about this. I was crying over the issue as we're about to go to France, I just bought this lense, and suddenly my camera is spitting out a "No card in camera" error like everyone else is saying. With no time to try to repair it, I tried other memory cards, to no avail. I couldn't reformat on my camera as it wasn't recognizing the card, so tried reformating on my laptop and reinserting. No change. So i literally took a TOOTHPICK (I by the way don't really recommend doing this but I was 100% not giving a f*** anymore) and went up and down inside the card slot with it. I did not drag it side to side. I was incredibly gentle, with the toothpick just reaching inside like a cutip in my ear (yeah also don't recommend that but i'm OCD so yeah). And guess what? Fixed it. I'm shook. Good luck anyone reading this. If you want, I'll sell you the toothpick I used for $250 and if it doesn't work I'll refund you (kidding). Let me know if you try this and it works though.

Also, this was the lense I just bought. It's a beaut.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MCUQP4X/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

@lhalasz wrote:

Ok, I just registered as a user on this forum to post about this. I was crying over the issue as we're about to go to France, I just bought this lense, and suddenly my camera is spitting out a "No card in camera" error like everyone else is saying. With no time to try to repair it, I tried other memory cards, to no avail. I couldn't reformat on my camera as it wasn't recognizing the card, so tried reformating on my laptop and reinserting. No change. So i literally took a TOOTHPICK (I by the way don't really recommend doing this but I was 100% not giving a f*** anymore) and went up and down inside the card slot with it. I did not drag it side to side. I was incredibly gentle, with the toothpick just reaching inside like a cutip in my ear (yeah also don't recommend that but i'm OCD so yeah). And guess what? Fixed it. I'm shook. Good luck anyone reading this. If you want, I'll sell you the toothpick I used for $250 and if it doesn't work I'll refund you (kidding). Let me know if you try this and it works though.

Ok, I just registered as a user on this forum to post about this. I was not crying over the issue. Just tried what @lhalasz did and it worked. Actually did try both methods, toothpick then blowing. Blowing worked in the past but was not working this time. So I tought, whatever particles I was blowing out they were stuck before toothpick came in. So, once loose, I still had to blow them. From now on there's toothpick cleaning regularly. I will send you a detailed infographic of the toothpicking and scheduling for only $89 (jk, imnt). Let me know if you want some noodles of myself.  

That did not work for me. My PC can read my card, but it still says No SD card in my Canon Rebel. I hope there is nothing wrong with my camera because I will be upset if there is. Very expensive to buy.

Dannymik
Apprentice

Hello all... totaIly new member here that just had this problem with my Canon Rebel EOS T7i. I just want to give my 2 cents to what I just did. And I know that this is not recommended, but I figured I'd give it a shot before sending the unit to Canon. I did some reading on these Canon message boards about SD card errors. The "little" prongs in the SD card slot get slightly bent on occasion. So I inspected them with a flashlight and noticed one of them looking different than the others. I "very gently" stuck a toothpick in the slot and pried up the little prong, lifted it a bit. Slip a SD Card in there there and BOOM, it's now reading the card. Just a little camera story for you (that went lucky for me) to shake your head at 😜... hope you have a good night 👍💪🙏

Good for you. I can't even see them in my T6S.

Trust me, it's not easy looking at them without any kind of magnifying help... they are SMALL and very delicate. I'm about to go grab my camera and see if it's still reading the card. Be safe, stay healthy!

I am very nearsighted, my eyes *are* magnifying glasses. 8^)

I have been spoiled at my various employers. We always have good stereo metallurgical microscopes.

Announcements