Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: Is there a way to fix the No Card in Camera problem on a T3i without spending $190 plus shipping

Also, this was the lense I just bought. It's a beaut.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MCUQP4X/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

CPL
New Contributor

Re: Is there a way to fix the No Card in Camera problem on a T3i without spending $190 plus shipping

This actually DID work! I'd seen it mentioned on another site and tried it, so I'm glad to tell anyone here who asks that blowing hard in the slot seems to clear out whatever may be causing this. I'd taken the card in and out numerous times, tried sliding the lock switch back and forth (no luck)...then saw mention of blowing into the slot.

As soon as I put the card back in I noticed the little red light blink on the back of the camera and knew something had changed. Voila! Fixed!

(Now this really is aggravating that something as idiotic as this can happen...but at least it's fixable.)

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Is five years and nine months a new record for how long a thread stays active?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA