cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a place to send an older rebel for maintenance and cleaning?

rpcvfeline
Apprentice
I called canon and they said they don’t service that model anymore. Geek squad said it just needed cleaning and take it to a camera repair shop.. there are none in my area. Any suggestions? Going to Yellowstone in June and want to get some good photos
6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Contact mid west camera.  They are in Michigan.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

rpcvfeline
Apprentice
Thank you, I’ll look into them.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Contact mid west camera.  They are in Michigan."

Your problem is not finding a place to clean it but how much will it cost.  About the only cleaning that can be or needs to be done is the sensor.  Perhaps a little lube on the moving parts. You can quickly run into the repair cost exceeding the value of the camera or the ability to replace it with a good, working, used, like for like camera.

Normally I don't recommend people try to clean the sensor of their cameras for the first time with out experience but in this case it might be a valid path to take.  It isn't that difficult.  It is more of what not to do than the actual cleaning of the sensor.

You can buy a kit that will have everything you need and instructions on how to do it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

rpcvfeline
Apprentice
I just found that out.. lol.. I got a quote up to 180.00.. not sure what to do.. it works... just slowly.. I may just break with it.. I don’t want to invest a lot since I really don’t use it that much... just wanted it for the wildlife pics.. thx

"I got a quote up to 180.00.. not sure what to do.. .

It is not hard to find good used Rebels in that price range. Maybe a good time to even step up a model or two. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

"it works... just slowly"

What do you mean by this? What is slow? What model Rebel is it?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements