cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insider Tips

sushidabeast
Apprentice

Hey there,

I'm a new photographer using a Rebel T5. Any tips to get the best shots? Right now I'm going to stick with my Rebel for a while, learn more about photography, and eventually upgrade (2-3 years down the line)

Canon EOS Rebel T5 | Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
3 REPLIES 3

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Are you using the creative modes and do you know how exposure settings affect the look of the image?

If not, you may want to pick up a copy of "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson.  The Scott Kelby Digital Photography Series (which I think is now up to 5 volumes) is popular.

I do like Michael Freeman's book "The Photographer's Eye:  Composition and Design for Better Digital Images".

Also learn about lighting.  Highlights and shadows go a long way to influence an image, set a mood, and influence emotion.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I'm a new photographer using a Rebel T5."

The best teacher is experience.  Go out and shoot.  Shoot a lot.  Keep track of the situations and results.

A book is nice but doing is much better.  Especially if you have a knowledgable friend to go along.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

sushidabeast
Apprentice
Thanks! I have started to read the books and am experimenting with the camera to better understand its capabilities and already I'm impressed with the pictures I took. Thanks again!
Canon EOS Rebel T5 | Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements