cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In-camera distortion correction

michal
Contributor

Hi!

Is it possible with canon itself or canon with magic lantern, to correct lens distortion in-camera, with no lightroom, no photoshop etc.? Yes, I am asking about distortion, not aberrations or vignetting.

16 REPLIES 16

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I know this isn't going to answer your question but I wouldn't want it in camera. Besides, I don't think Raw would support it anyway and I always shoot Raw.  You should too and that means post editing like LR or PS.  If you are concerned with lens correction you obviously want the best pictures you can get.  Post editing is where its at.

I don't use ML and I don't recommend anybody else use it.  Neither does Canon USA.  JMHO as always but, perhaps the industry standard spokesman will chime in.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

All new cameras, including my T6S, have this as an included feature.

I assume that you mean "chromatic" aberration.

And, as I said:

"All new cameras, including my T6S, have this as an included feature."

Can you please tell me, how canon calls this feature? Is it somewhere in the menu next to "chromatic aberration" and "peripheral illumination" correction?

My EOS 700D (or Rebel T5i, whatever) doesn't have such feature. I think they didn't change a lot in T6.

Why didn't you ask in the first place? Your T5i does not have this feature, my T6S does. If you had it it would be in the same place in the manual as the T5i. Here is the manual page for my T6S (Note they did not even change the heading on the page!):

Untitled.jpg

Why do you talk to me as if I was a fool?

Anyways, thanks for enlightening me.

Ok, do you guys know if EOS 80D also have this feature?

Michal,

Your fellow users are happy to help and answer questions, (so am I) but product research is to a certain extent on you.  Take a little ownership, dowload an 80D manual and look for the feature.  We've given you the tools, now use them. 

This is not ment to be harsh, but your question is like asking what the specs are of a particular model and then expecting someone else to look it up for you. 

Some of the best lens correction is provided in post processing software, LR, PhotoLab, Affinity, etc.  If you rely soley on in camera correction, you may be disappointed.

Welcome to the forums, hope to see more of you here. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

"Some of the best lens correction is provided in post processing software, LR, ..."

Bingo!  Smiley Happy This is where it belongs and the fact Raw doesn't support it.  

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements