cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improbe my product photo kit.

Marian1
Apprentice

Hello!

I have an online silver jewelry store and I have small questions about product photos if someone can help me.

I have a Canon EOS 1300D and a 105mm Sigma.
For the light I use a Foldio photo tent and two arm lights from the dawn: lol:

The pictures are ok but I have to draw 3-4 frames and join them, which brings a lot of work.

Do you think I should add something to the kit to improve my product pictures?
Polarizing filters or other stuff like that? I do not understand and that's what I ask.

Thanks a lot,

Marian

3 REPLIES 3

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I do not understand and that's what I ask."

You just answered your question. Hire a real photographer. It will be a lot less frustrating, you will get better photos and it will probably be cheaper.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"I do not understand and that's what I ask."

You just answered your question. Hire a real photographer. It will be a lot less frustrating, you will get better photos and it will probably be cheaper.

I guess I'd put it slightly differently: When your income starts to depend on your photography, you've crossed a line and are no longer a hobbyist. You're at least a semi-professional, and that imposes a responsibility to know what you're doing. If you're in any doubt about that (and indeed you admit that you are), it's time to delve into the available literature and/or sign up for adult education courses to try to close the gap. And you have to set aside some time for experimentation; there's no better way to learn to do something well than to practice doing it.

But if you can't spare the time for these activities (a judgement only you can make), then Ernie's advice is spot on: Hire a real professional. We can give you advice, but we can't turn you into a photographer.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

@Marian1 wrote:

Hello!

The pictures are ok but I have to draw 3-4 frames and join them, which brings a lot of work.

Marian

I don't know what this means.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements