cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images showing red blue spot and they are not crisp at all - Canon EOS 600 D

slikhyani
Contributor

Hello,

About a month ago i bougth Canon EOS 600 D with 18-55 mm and 55-250mm lens and everything goes fine i capture moon images and wildlife pictures as well. 

But, now i'm facing some problem with it.

Recently i was trying to capture images with my Canon EOS 600 D and suddenly i noticed that the images are not sharp at all and the images show red and blue spot. I don't know what to do i'm just an ammature in this. 

Please any one can help me with this problem.

Previous Image sharp and crisp

Recently taken image not crisp red blue spots

Canon EOS 600D & EOS 5d Mark iii
Best DSLR's to make Images Real !
Apple News
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Skirball
Authority

That's chromatic aberration, it's a type of distortion that exists in all optics to some degree, but varies by the lens.  In general, cheaper lenses will have more CA, especially something like the kit lenses.  You'll notice it more in high contrast situations, like a bright white moon on a black background.  You can fix it to some degree in post with programs like Lightroom or Photoshop.

View solution in original post

Like Skirball said, it's CA problem with the lens and also color noise from high ISO image.
The first image: low ISO (ISO100), lack of contrast (the moon is not bright, underexpose a bit). The second image, really really high ISO (ISO6400), high contrast (the moon is much brighter). The setting for 2nd image is recipe for color noise and CA. This is normal, there is nothing wrong with your equipment. Also when using high ISO, you will lose some detail in the image; thus it will look softer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Yes, a dead pixel will just be a single pixel that shows up in the same spot in every photo.  Technically there are dead pixels, stuck pixels, and hot pixels, but they will all show up as some sort of miscolored pixel that doesn't match its surrounding. 

Taking a picture of a blue sky is usually the easiest way to spot them.  Dead pixels are usually darker than their surrounding pixels, while hot are brighter, so a deep blue offers a good background to find them.  If you have a stuck pixel that is stuck blue, well, then sky isn't a good background to find it.

In general though, i wouldn't worry about dead pixels.  If you don't notice it, then it's not bothering you.  If you do notice it, it's easy to fix in post, though you can fix it in your camera as well.

Announcements