cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I reset my canon t6 settings, would I lose my pictures?

Goolyjulie
Apprentice

5 REPLIES 5

John_
Authority

No, you will only reset all the settings back to their defaults your pictures will not be deleted. You can just take the SD card out too before you reset if you want and your pictures will no longer be in the camera.

No, but it's not a good idea to be in a position where you have to ask the question. After you've finished a shoot, you should copy your pictures to one or more disk drives as soon as possible. Then you won't have to worry about losing them.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"After you've finished a shoot, you should copy your pictures to one or more disk drives as soon as possible."

Robert is correct. You should not be using your camera as a photo storage device. That is not its purpose.

When I did DSLR 101 classes you would be amazed at how many Moms especially would have hundreds or even thousands of photos on their cameras.  They typically us the largest SD card possible and load it up!

I think it is just one more thing Canon missed out on.  Because these young Moms are cell phone users, They tend to treat their cameras like they use their iphones.  Canon avoided all attempts to make the consumer camera line work more like a cell phone and now that market has vanished.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"After you've finished a shoot, you should copy your pictures to one or more disk drives as soon as possible."

Robert is correct. You should not be using your camera as a photo storage device. That is not its purpose.

When I did DSLR 101 classes you would be amazed at how many Moms especially would have hundreds or even thousands of photos on their cameras.  They typically us the largest SD card possible and load it up!

I think it is just one more thing Canon missed out on.  Because these young Moms are cell phone users, They tend to treat their cameras like they use their iphones.  Canon avoided all attempts to make the consumer camera line work more like a cell phone and now that market has vanished.

During the time that Canon has been making digital cameras, there has been a significant evolution in cell phone protocols. I think I can forgive Canon for not wanting to pry open that can of worms. Besides, it's just as bad an idea to leave all your pictures on your phone as it is to leave them on your camera.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

"... it's just as bad an idea to leave all your pictures on your phone as it is to leave them on your camera."

Your or my concept of it being a bad idea or not is insignificant if it is what people do or how they want to do it.  It is Canon's job, or Apple's job, to make that happen. Companies need to respond to consumers needs and wants. Canon didn't in the P^S market and look where it is now.  Canon has resisted in the low end consumer market, too. Maybe they can't, I don't know but people are going to do things the way they want to.  Young people like cell phones, they know no different.  They like having thousands of photos right there in their hands.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements