cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISO settings

morrisrc
Apprentice

What ISO setting do you use most often and why?

3 REPLIES 3

Skirball
Authority

100.  It has the least noise and I like to use off-camera flash, so light isn't usually an issue..

ronpete
Contributor

I also like using ISO 100, and use off-camera flash. However this depends largely on the available ambient lighting, and what type of image I'm trying to create, and how my final image will be used or shared. If it's for print then yes, I'll stick with the lowest ISO. If the image is just for web viewing, then I can get away with using a high ISO if need be. I'm willing to trade some noise for getting the shot. I have shot some photos with ISO 3200.

EOS 70D / EOS Rebel t4i / EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS II / EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 IS II / Sigma 17-50 f2.8/ Canon EF-S 60mm f2.8 macro/ Canon EF 100mm f2.8 macro/ Tamron 70-300mm / 430EX II Speedlite / Canon FS 300
Canon Pixma MG 3100 / Canon LiDE 2100
Adobe Lightroom 4, Canon DPP, Corel Paintshop Pro X4

hsbn
Whiz
It all depends on the situations. If it is landscapes, mostly ISO100. If it is indoor event, it's probably ISO800 (to keep ambient light). For concert, I mainly use ISO3200-6400.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide
Announcements