cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I purched a "new" in the box from ebay T6i but the 18-55mm autofocus doesn't work

quadshooter
Apprentice

I purched a "new" in the box from ebay T6I but the 18-55mm autofocus doesn't work. I swapped an old 18-55mm lens and it works fine. The seller doesn't do returns. Everything was still bubble wrapped and taped. Can the lens be fixed or do I have to buy a new one? I wanted to sell my old T3i with lens but I need it for the new one.

1 REPLY 1

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@quadshooter wrote:

I purched a "new" in the box from ebay T6I but the 18-55mm autofocus doesn't work. I swapped an old 18-55mm lens and it works fine. The seller doesn't do returns. Everything was still bubble wrapped and taped. Can the lens be fixed or do I have to buy a new one? I wanted to sell my old T3i with lens but I need it for the new one.

Regardless if the sell accepts returns or not, file a claim with eBay and PayPal for the defective merchandise. As part of the claim you'll be asked to try and work it out with the seller. At that point the seller will likely either give you credit for the lens, or exchange it for a working one.

Announcements