cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm looking for lenses I found one that is t4i/t3i compatible, will it work with my t1i rebel?

AustinW
Apprentice

I'm looking for new lenses to add to my collection. I recently found an EF 35-80mm medium telephoto lens labelled as Rebel and 50/10/7D compatible, and I'm curious if it will be compatible with my t1i rebel?

5 REPLIES 5

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

You mean this lens?  

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/eos_slr_camera_systems/lenses/ef_35_80mm_f_4_5_6_iii

If so, yes, it'll work fine with with any Canon EOS camera regardless of model.

Note that the range on this lens will go from a focal length which appears fairly "normal" to a focal length that appears moderatley (but not greatly) zoomed in.  It will not provide any wide-angle range on your camera (it would if it were on a "full frame" camera body such as a 6D, 5D series, or some of the 1D series bodies as well as one of the old EOS film bodies.)

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

That is the lens, and thank you for the information.

I'm just looking for a cheap zoom lens so I don't have to rely on just my fixed Zeiss lenses, so this this will do perfectly.

You are considering that lens to use with your "Ziess" lenses?  Smiley Surprised

You will be disappointed!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I'm a student with a budget. I don't think I'll be disappointed unless the lens makes me start taking godawful pictures.

ziovinos
Apprentice

Hello AustinW.

I think you should see this site here. it's a Photo gear Comparison Tool.

Announcements