cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I lost all my photos on memory card.

ensleym
Contributor

I have a Canon T3i.  I was using a 16 GB memory card that came with my camera.  I took photos of the children sitting in Santa's lap.  Went home and looked at them on the camera.  I put the memory card in my memory card wallet and then into my purse; took it out the next morning at work and inserted it into a memory card reader and then hooked that up to my camera.  It showed nothing. It had some type of error in the Canon folder.  I had lots of other photos on the memory card...probably 300 or more.  Everything is gone.  I had everything backed up except the photos with Santa, as I had just taken them.  I did not do a format card or a delete all images.  I can't even describe the disappointment.  How did my memory card get corrupted? 

13 REPLIES 13

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Unfortunately memory cards do wear out and fail over time.  But the better cards tend to be more reliable.

I stick with Sandisk and Lexar brands -- but all cards will eventually fail... much in the same way that all car tires will eventually fail.  It's just a question of how much use they get before they fail.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

MichalRobert
Apprentice

Dont worry paul.. I too had the same situation once and I used Remo Recover software. It worked well. Try it ..

Lizermoren
Apprentice

Hi,  You can use photo recovery software. The software can recover all deleted or lost photo from memory card. Many software are available. I have used a photo recovery software. Its name is Kernel Recovery for Digital Media software. Download this third-party software from camerarecovery.org

DavidParkar
Apprentice

Well, now you don’t have to worry for your photos. Just launch Remo Recover on your PC and get back all images from memory card.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements