cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have the canon rebel T5.

Jenred
Contributor

I used it for my sons outdoor lacrosse. The pics

were not good. Football season is here. What is a lens that isn't that expensive to get decent photos?

27 REPLIES 27

thank you!!

55-250STM is very good value if purchased as a refurbished model. Essentially ½ price. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

thank you!

I shot the following with my XS and EF70-300 mm lens which has IS. I shot it at 130mm focal length, ISO 200, F/10 and 1/640 shutter speed.

IMG_2318.jpg

nice and clear!

i honestly think my biggest issue is learning how to use the camera

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

What you are asking is going to be difficult with the limit of "isn't that expensive to get decent photos".

Probably the best answer is the Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM Lens.  A better lens but a little shorter focal length would be the Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens.  Then hope for good daylight !

I don't recommend AI-Servo for beginners.  Use just the center focus point for now and One Shot. I would put the T5 in Av mode and fix the lens wide open.  AF/MF switch in AF.  Set your ISO to 800.  Follow and track the player you want carefully.

This way the camera will gather all the light it can and give you the fastest SS possible.  This combo should work well for day time games.  For night time or evening games, it is going to be more of a challenge with low cost gear.  All cameras have a limit to what they can do.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

thank you! appreciate the info!

Jenred
Contributor
Thank you and I will!
Announcements