cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have the Canon T5i and when I shoot videoat night with a good deal of light I get a lot of noise.

mrmyth
Apprentice

I shoot at night with a lot of source light, I get a lot of noise in the video. I have all the settings on automatic. What should I do to get rid of all the video image noise?

4 REPLIES 4

Mykolas
Authority

Hi mrmyth!

Thanks for posting.

When you shoot in lower light, even at night with artificial light sources, the camera may need to use a higher ISO speed.  Higher ISO speeds help with exposure, but they can produce higher noise levels.  Do you know what ISO speed your camera was using?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for the response. I had the camera on auto exposure, and auto focus thinking it would do a better job than I.

In answer to your question, to get rid of the noise when shooting at night: use lighting!

ideally yes, but sometimes it it not possible due to documentary style filmmaking.i could have lighting, i did have ample practical light however.
Announcements