cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an old EOS 400D and the lens is not communicating wit the camera, do you have any suggestions

anayapadial
Contributor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@anayapadial wrote:

Hello, thank you, I did that and did not work, I also used another lens and it worked fine. But you say I should remove the two batteries for a while. I know of the battery at the bottom, where is the second one?

Why bother to look for it now? It sounds as though you've already proved that the fault lies with the lens.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

First you have to find out whether it is the lens or the camera.  You can clean the gold contacts on the lens and camera but this is a long shot.  Use denatured alcohol and a q-tip, carefully.  You can reset the camera to defaults. Remove both batteries for a long while.

You need a friend with another camera and lens.  Determine which is at fault.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Hello, thank you, I did that and did not work, I also used another lens and it worked fine. But you say I should remove the two batteries for a while. I know of the battery at the bottom, where is the second one?

@anayapadial wrote:

Why bother to look for it now? It sounds as though you've already proved that the fault lies with the lens.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements