cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a rebel ts1, Idropped it lens fist on floor(particle board) now it won't focus and when I use

nadreck
Apprentice

I have a used ts1 that I dropped on its lens onto a wood floor. Now it won't focus and when I put in a 32 GB card all I get are verticle lines on the LCD and in movie mode it sounds like it is taking pictures every 5 seconds but its not. I bought a years warrenty with camera a few months ago and was wondering if I should ship it back to B & H. Was also wondering if anyone haas had same problem.

<script id="overlay_tmpl" type="text/html">//

<div id="<%= overlayId %>" class="_mp3rocket_overlay_style" style="left: <%= overlayLeft %>; top: <%= overlayTop %>; width: <%= overlayWidth %>; height: <%= overlayHeight %>"></div> //

</script>

<script id="overlay_tmpl" type="text/html">// <div id="<%= overlayId %>" class="_mp3rocket_overlay_style" style="left: <%= overlayLeft %>; top: <%= overlayTop %>; width: <%= overlayWidth %>; height: <%= overlayHeight %>"></div> // </script>
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Skirball
Authority

Usually warranties don't cover drop/misuse, unless stated.  Likely it states the opposite.  Sorry.

Do you have any other lenses?  I would try anothe lens first, maybe you'll get lucky.  My 18-55 kit lens broke with the slightest tap (it wouldn't focus properly after), but the rest of the camera was fine.  I hated having to buy a new lens, but the Sigma I replaced it with was a lot better.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Skirball
Authority

Usually warranties don't cover drop/misuse, unless stated.  Likely it states the opposite.  Sorry.

Do you have any other lenses?  I would try anothe lens first, maybe you'll get lucky.  My 18-55 kit lens broke with the slightest tap (it wouldn't focus properly after), but the rest of the camera was fine.  I hated having to buy a new lens, but the Sigma I replaced it with was a lot better.

Announcements