cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a canon rebel T5i and all my functions not work, like black and white etc.

Runnerwitheart2
Apprentice
Haven't used the camera for about 5 weeks and now I'm on vacation and my functions don't work. First I thought it was just the black and white function but I have tried them all. I can take the picture but it doesn't save it. I saves all other pictures I take without using one of the functions. Please help
2 REPLIES 2

amfoto1
Authority

This is purely a guess (I have  a different camera model and I don't use those functions... for I simply convert color images to black and white in post processing.)...

If the camera has been sitting for a while, the battery might be down. It may take several discharge/recharge cycles to bring it up to full power and performance. I have seen some odd behavior from my cameras at times when they sat for a long time, that seemed to be related to low battery charge (or to a loosened battery grip, which I use on all my cameras). A fresh battery and/or removing, cleaning the battery to camera and/or battery grip to camera contacts resolved the weird glitches. To clean the contacts, I recommend simply wiping them with a clean, lint free rag lightly dampened with isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol. Pre-moistened computer monitor/keyboard wipes seem to work pretty well, too.

Alan Myers

San Jose, Calif., USA
"Walk softly and carry a big lens."
GEAR: 5DII, 7D(x2), 50D(x3), some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
FLICKR & PRINTROOM 

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

You'd probably need to be more specific as to listing examples of the sorts of which don't work.

If the camera is set to save images in RAW format (instead of JPEG format) then applying image styles (picture styles) will be skipped because the point of RAW is to save the original data as captured by the camera -- thus B&W conversion will not be applied.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements