cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a canon rebel T2i. My son played with the settings and now the screen is blank

debzlot2
Apprentice

My camera was working fine until my son decided to play with the settings.My screen is now blank and nothing happens with any button I press to see the screen. I can still take photos but can't change any settings, check photos I have taken or take photos seeing the main screen. I have a friends daughters 21st coming up and need my camera working.Please help.x

6 REPLIES 6

ScottyP
Authority

Does the Menu screen come up when you hit Menu?  If you can get into the Menu, you can go to the Yellow tabs and find the command that says to return to default settings. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

ScottyP
Authority

Also, here is your manual if you don't have it:

http://usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/eos_slr_camera_systems/eos_digital_slr_cameras/eos_rebel_...

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Thanks heaps for the manual, maybe that might shed some light. I have pushed all the buttons but still nothing, thanks heaps for your help.x

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Typically this is the "info" button.  It toggles through several optional things that can be displayed on the rear LCD... one of the options is to have the rear LCD blank.  But you should still get a display if you press the menu or playback (image review) button.

Press the "info" button a few times (with camera powered up of course) until it returns to what you want displayed on the rear LCD.

You can adjust screen brightness, but generally not to the point that it's off completely (other than pressing the 'info' button as described above.)  So I doubt he played with brightness.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Thanks heaps for your help but  the screen is still blank. I just dont understand what he has done, have put the camera away for the day so I can take some deep breaths before giving it one last try to fix it before having to take it to a camera shop..I take it choping off my sons hands is not an option..lol..thanks again Deb

ScottyP
Authority
While you are waiting you could try taking the battery out and seeing if it resets something. If not you could leave the battery out of the camera a few days to see if that gets it?
Scott

Announcements