Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have a Rebel SL1 EOS 100D. LCD thumbnail RGB

Recently, after every shot I take the LCD screen is displaying a thumbnail of the photo alongside the RGB meters and all the settings of the camera beneath them. Help! Want to just see the photo in the LCD screen

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I have a Rebel SL1 EOS 100D. LCD thumbnail RGB

Press the "DISP" button a few times while the review is being shown.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks for your prompt reply.  Yes I know if I keep pressing the display button it will eventually give me a full screen of the photo but this only recently happened. I have had the camera for about 3 years and am experienced with DSLRs. I want to see the full screen of the photo after shooting, not a thumbnail next to the RGB bars

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

It should stay in the last setting you choose. Once you hit Disp and get the full screen image, just leave it. You might have to do it in playback mode to get it to stick.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Nope.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Try a system reset.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I was wrong, it is the INFO button that needs to be cycled to set the display type.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Actually I finally figured out that I had LCD AUTO OFF Enabled - after I disabled it the LCD screen went back to normal. Thanks for all of your assistance!

Highlighted
VIP

@Babulator wrote:

Actually I finally figured out that I had LCD AUTO OFF Enabled - after I disabled it the LCD screen went back to normal. Thanks for all of your assistance!

I would leave that set to turn off after a short time delay.  It turns off to help conserve battery life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."