cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a EOS Rebel 300D and need drivers...

Sheilasrebel
Apprentice

I have an EOS Rebel 300D and I just re-installed the program on to my laptop because my laptop had a virus and I had to have everything re-installed. However, now I can't seem to find the correct drivers. Does anyone know where I can find them? I have pictures that I've taken on my camera and I need to download them to my computer. My laptop has Windows 7 and plenty of RAM and harddrive space on it. Please help.

5 REPLIES 5

cicopo
Elite

Click on the Canon logo at the top of the page, click on support & drivers,  then click on Consumer home & office & fill in the appropriate boxes, plus once you get there you may need to specify your computer's operating system.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

That was the first thing I tried, I entered my camera model (300D) the system checked my computer operating system (win 8.1) and then told me no drivers were available, the camera model is too old and they have stopped supporting it!
I still have a (win xp) machine which still works.
Alternatively pop out the CF card and stick it in to a cheap USB card reader. works fine.
I even tried changing settings in camera menu to P-to-P made no difference.
Not the perfect solution but it gets round the problem.

@labrat wrote:
That was the first thing I tried, I entered my camera model (300D) the system checked my computer operating system (win 8.1) and then told me no drivers were available, the camera model is too old and they have stopped supporting it!
I still have a (win xp) machine which still works.
Alternatively pop out the CF card and stick it in to a cheap USB card reader. works fine.
I even tried changing settings in camera menu to P-to-P made no difference.
Not the perfect solution but it gets round the problem.

What is it you're trying to do? If it's uploading pictures to a computer, you shouldn't need "drivers", but you probably do need a recent release of EOS Utility Version 2. The latter is readily available on the Canon Web site.

But if all you're trying to do is upload pictures, a card reader is by far the best solution. And I think you'll find that the regulars in this forum are nearly unanimous on that point.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Sheilasrebel
Apprentice

My laptop crashed and I lost the drivers for my EOS Rebel 300D camera. I've already re-installed the program...just need the drivers now so that I can run the program and download the pictures off of my camera. Does anyone know where I can get the drivers for this?

I've already answered this question in your other post. Was my answer confusing?

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."
Announcements