cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Canon t5i Rebel. Out of the blue, the screen stopped displaying my pictures after I took

jojotj11
Contributor

I have a Canon Rebel t5i.  Out of the blue, the screen stopped displaying my pictures after I took a picture.  When I press the menu button, the screen works fine, as well as when I press the play button, but it used to show the pictures as soon as I snapped one.  I have checked the settings and Image review is set to 4 seconds.  I am not sure how to fix this problem.  Can anyone help me? 

14 REPLIES 14

Try to turn the setting off, than on again.

Reset all the settings in the camera.

KV, as usual has the right answers and has saved me allot of headache.  Even tho my settings were "correct" there was a glitch.  So I reset everything, and the problem went away.  JoJo, when you reset everything, it just goes back to factory settings, no big deal.  If your worried you won't find "your" settings, write them down before you reset.  If that doesn't work the go back to best buy.  But remember, they wont take it back after 15 days. (they will replace it tho)

Keep us up to date, I think the reset is the way to go, you may have set something. and not be able to find what it was..or a glitch that needs to be reset.  

jojotj11
Contributor
Thank you! I absolutely LOVE the camera. I guess I wasn't clear. I wasn't going to try to get them to take it back, I just thought maybe the kind man there can help me figure it out if the reset doesn't work. I'll let you all know if that works. I'm going to try it this evening. Thank you all SO much!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I tried the solutions listed above. The screen still didn't work properly. I took the camera back to Best Buy to let the Geek Squad check it out. They and the camera people there weren't able to fix it either. They've sent the camera off to the Camera Gods to hopefully get fixed soon. Apparently, there is a glitch in some

of these models that had been occurring. Hopefully I'll get it back soon and be able to continue learning how to properly use the camera! Thanks again to all of you wonderful people for the very helpful responses! 

sorry non of the resets worked and now your w/o your camera for a awhile.  We went to the lake today and I saw a blue heron, and I forgot the camera bag!  I was really kicking myself....live and learn.  Hope it comes back soon and we get to see some pics.

Announcements