cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Canon T3 Rebel, and it will not take the SD card any longer....What's happened?

DeltaDawn
Apprentice

I took my Sd card out today, and used it in my computer to download pics.  When I try to reinsert the card it will not click into place.  Anyone know why??

3 REPLIES 3

fyigmo63
Enthusiast

Check your SD card (at the end with metal contacts) for any damage or debris.  Seriously, use a magnifying glass if you have to.  Sometimes damaged cards or cards with minor debris on them will not click into place properly.

Mykolas
Authority

Hi DeltaDawn!

Thanks for posting.

As suggested by fyigmo63, check to make sure the card is not damage.  Also, try using another card in the camera.  If multiple cards still do not work in the camera, it will need to be serviced.

To start the repair process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Make sure you're not putting the card in backwards.

When you insert the card, the side with the label should face the back of the camera.  The side with the exposed gold contacts should face the front of the camera.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements