Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have a Canon Rebel T4i that has started shooting in raw mode no matter what setting I have it on.

I don't know much about cameras, so I wondered if there is something I am missing. Some setting I have missed that is making my camera shoot in raw mode, no matter what setting the dial is on.  Thanks

Highlighted
VIP

Re: I have a Canon Rebel T4i that has started shooting in raw mode no matter what setting I have it

[ Edited ]

I have never used the T4i, but I don't think the mode dial changes the saved file format.  That is changed in the menus.  It can also be changed on the "quick control" screen, which is accessible with the "Q" button.

Quick_Control_Screen_T4i.PNG

I have accidentally changed the setting on my camera a few times by turning the wheel when the cursor is in the right/wrong spot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."