cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Canon EOS RebelT2i and am having trouble viewing my pictures on my camera.

George1958
Apprentice

I have a Canon EOS Rebel T2i and am having trouble viewing my pictures on the camera.  Sometimes only half of the pictures showup the next time a black screen that says cannot play back.  Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

hsbn
Whiz
Your memory may be corrupted. Make sure you save all images that you can, then reformat the card in the camera. If your camera supported low level format, do that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

amfoto1
Authority

An image that's partially black can indicate a failing shutter.

But because you are also getting the "cannot play back" message, it seems more likely to me that it's a memory card problem.

I agree that it would be good to format the card in your camera. (I format mine every time I put a fresh card in the camera.)

IMPORTANT: be aware that any images you still have on the card will be "erased" when you format the card. Be sure to copy or move any images that you want to keep off the card, onto your computer or other location.

If formatting the card doesn't change anything, it might be the card is failing. Try a different one, if you haven't already done so. If you get a new memory card, be certain to format it in the camera before using it.

I have also seen image files on a memory card that initially were fine, but then seemed to become "corrupted" after removing the card and viewing the images with some other software in my computer, but not moving those images off the card. It was as  if something was changed in the image files still on the card and they could no longer display on the camera's LCD monitor, even though I had not made any changes to the files, merely viewed them in softwares I have on my computer. Actually the images were still fine... I could remove the card from the camera, put it in my computer's card reader and see them, copy them, move them off the card with no problems. it was just the camera that could no longer view them.

Finally, there could be some fault with the camera, the way it's filing the image on the card. Hopefully not. Hopefully either formatting or replacing the memory card will solve the problem.

Alan Myers

San Jose, Calif., USA
"Walk softly and carry a big lens."
GEAR: 5DII, 7D(x2), 50D(x3), some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
FLICKR & PRINTROOM 

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Replace the SD card with a high quality brand new one. Smiley Surprised

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements