cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Canon EOS Rebel T3 1100D which will not turn on.

GP
Apprentice

I have a Canon EOS Rebel T3 1100D which will not turn on. Battery charger shows green light , but when installed camera will not turn on. Place battery back into charger and it shows yellow light and takes awhile to charge and show green light. I thought must need new battery but it does same thing. This camera has been trouble free from start, it is a few years old but didn't think i would have internal issuses already. Am i missing something? Ordered ac adapter to plug in direct and see if it works then. Any ideas would be helpful Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Mykolas
Authority

Hi GP!

Welcome to the Canon Forum.

If the camera still does not power on after using a new battery or after you try an AC adapter, the camera will need repair.  To start the repair process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website. 

Alternatively, you may participate in the Canon Loyalty Program.  This option allows you to replace your current camera for a discounted fee.  The original non-functioning camera would then be returned to Canon USA for recycling using a prepaid shipping label that would be provided.  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (800) OK CANON (800-652-2666) seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with online technical support and the Canon Loyalty Program was offered.  Be sure to have your serial number for your camera at the time of your call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements