cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 760D which just decided to not turn on anymore.

alexc
Apprentice

I have a 760D which just decided to not turn on anymore.  I have tried changing, cards, batteries,lenses etc. as mentioned in other forums but still nothing.  Just before turning off an error message of checking the battery compartment door came up.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

@alexc wrote:

I have a 760D which just decided to not turn on anymore.  I have tried changing, cards, batteries,lenses etc. as mentioned in other forums but still nothing.  Just before turning off an error message of checking the battery compartment door came up.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

The camera won't turn on if it thinks the battery door is open. The door indicates its state with a tiny switch that is probably stuck or broken.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

As Bob says, the switch is a likely culprit. Check also that the door hasn't become dislodged from one of the hinge pins. The door is designed to be removed so a battery grip can be installed; it can easily pop out of the hinge detents.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

alexc
Apprentice
I have tried the moving the battery door switch but that isn't stuck. Battery door is ok. So that may not be the problem. Is there a similar way of seeing if the card slot is working? The small red triangle light was flashing insanely just before the camera stopped working. I have tried a different card but it didn't make a difference.

A properly functioning camera will turn on without a card installed; it will give an error message that says "No card in camera".

Sounds like Ike you need to send for service.  

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements