cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't know what laptop to buy for my canon rebel t5i

vaucone
Apprentice

I need to buy a laptop the supports my canon rebel t5i and I don't want a Mac? What should I be looking to get?

4 REPLIES 4

@vaucone wrote:

I need to buy a laptop the supports my canon rebel t5i and I don't want a Mac? What should I be looking to get?

Lenovo is a good brand. Dell used to be, but I haven't used a Dell laptop in a whiile; so I don't have a current opinion.

Try to find a computer that has Windows 10 as an upgrade coupon, rather than pre-installed. There have been many reports of Canon software not yet working correctly under Windows 10.

Digital Photo Professional V4 now supports the T5i, I believe. If you want to use it, you'll need a computer with a 64-bit operating system and a pretty fast processor.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

As far as the hardware goes, one major brand is really not all that different from another major brand, because they pretty much all use the same hardware.  I think what separates one major brand from another the most is the product build quality and product support.  Read up on reviews that address those issues.  It's why I chose Canon.

As far as features go, I agree with the opinion that you'd want a 64-bit processor, preferably an Intel, IMHO.  You will also want more memory and hard drive capacity than what comes with most basic PC packages.  Most starter packages offer just 4GB of memory.  To process photos efficiently, you don't want no less than 8GB. 

I'd say that you'd want at least I TB of storage on your hard drive, preferrably with the addition of a mulit-TB archival storage for you photos.  There are some very economically priced, multi-TB network storage devices.  I use Western Digital network storage, and tend to shy away from relying on USB storage devices for achival use.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"As far as the hardware goes, one major brand is really not all that different from another major brand..."

This is true.  Go get the one you like best.  The T5i will like it , too!

I prefer a 64bit with a 17" screen.  Because I use it for a monitor on some shoots.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

vondes
Apprentice

Graphic design is well suited Lenovo IDEAPAD 310, performs many complex tasks quickly and this makes

Announcements