cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I connected my EOS rebel T6 camera before installing the software, what can i do to fix this? HELP

veronicagaribay
Apprentice

I hadn't read the instructions for the software process and it said i should never plug in the camera before installing because then it wouldn't install right and now i don't know how to fix it; an answer would really save my life, please help me! what should i do?

13 REPLIES 13

It is version 30.4. Not sure if it is compatible with Windows 10. The system restore didn't change the situation. Could you let me know where I can download a compatible version?

Hi ericaginn!

You can get the most up-to-date version of all of the software for your EOS Rebel T6 from the Canon USA site HERE.

If you find you're still having problems after updating/installing, you'll just want to reach out to our US-based team. They're available Monday - Friday from 8am to Midnight (ET) and Saturday from 10am to 8pm (ET) at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666).

Thanks, I will reach out to support. Hopefully they we be able to assist with actually installing the program. I keep getting the message that "installation program of eos digital solution disk requires administrator privileges." I am using my personal computer so I would be able to provide the admin password, but it only gives me an option to select "OK", not to input the password. I even tried removing the password on my admin account but it gave me the same message.

@ericaginn wrote:

Thanks, I will reach out to support. Hopefully they we be able to assist with actually installing the program. I keep getting the message that "installation program of eos digital solution disk requires administrator privileges." I am using my personal computer so I would be able to provide the admin password, but it only gives me an option to select "OK", not to input the password. I even tried removing the password on my admin account but it gave me the same message.

Make sure that the account you're using is a member of the local administrators group on the computer you're using.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements