Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

I cannot view any of my photos on my computer.

Ive had my rebel t5 for just over a month, and I cant view any of my photos on my computer. ive tried reformatting my sd, ive opened a brand new sd, ive used a cable and tried an sd reader. I can see the photos on my camera, but when i try to open them on my computer it says the photos are damaged.

Highlighted
VIP

Re: I cannot view any of my photos on my computer.

What type of computer are you trying to use?

Have you installed the Canon EOS Utility software, which is used to download files to a computer, and set the time?

Have you properly formatted the card prior to use?

Does your card meet the card specifications for the camera?

Have you tried a new card?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I cannot view any of my photos on my computer.

It's possible that the camera has been set to shoot in RAW only, which means you need the proper software to see, & process them into jpg's. That software (Canon's version) is on the disc that came with your camera & it's DPP (Digital Photo Professional). If you're using a PC another program that can open them is the free download of Picasa but it's not a very good program to use for converting them to jpg's even though it can do it.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."