Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

I cannot use my canon SL1 to trigger my wireless studio strobes...my 5diii works fine??

I use the yongnuo wireless triggers and receivers for my studio strobe monolights. My 5diii works fine, however, my wife's Rebel SL1 wiill not trigger them.

What do I have to do to make them work?

Jim

Highlighted
Reputable Contributor

Re: I cannot use my canon SL1 to trigger my wireless studio strobes...my 5diii works fine??

Which triggers are you using? 

I have Yongnuo YN-622C's and use them on both my SL1 and 5D Mk III with no problems at all.  The Flash Menu looks almost identical on both cameras so I would take a look at the flash menu items to see if they are set up the same. 

The only thing I can think of off-hand is that you might have "Flash Firing" set to "Disable".  

Mike Sowsun
S110, SL1, 80D, 5D Mk III
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: I cannot use my canon SL1 to trigger my wireless studio strobes...my 5diii works fine??

Hi Mike, thanks for the reply...they are the Yongnuo 602 series. I checked to "Flash firing" and it is enabled. The mystery continues.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Put a flash on the SL1 and verify the hotshoe works.

There's no reason why the 602s wouldn't work on it.  They're a fully manual trigger, in other words, very simple.  So long as it makes contact with the center lead it should work fine.