cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot get my Rebel T6i to fire studio strobes

peetdee
Contributor

I am using a new T6i and Altura wireless trigger/receiver set. According to the manual it is all set up ok. But still does not fire. I've had the Dynalites out for repair thinking they might have been the culprit. But still no firing. I cannot even wire them direct to the camera using a sync cord and a compatible hot shoe - no firing. I tried different sync cables... any ideas?

-l

12 REPLIES 12

@suza wrote:

Where do I find flash mode to set to enable? I bought strobes and have a new camera, the T6i and it's been years since I shot with strobes so I feel so clueless. I am so frustrated. My camera is second hand so no manual of course. I feel so stupid I have forgotten things and it's frustrating to watch videos on youtube when they aren't telling you fine details for your type of camera. 

Thanks 🙂  

You can download the camera User Manual, as well as the Canon Software, from the Canon Product Support Page for your particular camera model.  Note, the camera User Manual does not tell you how to use strobes, just how to connect them.  You will have to refer to the User Manual for your strobes to see how they work.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

thanks...I figured things out in the meantime 🙂 

There is this thing called the internet. Canon has all the manuals online.

Announcements