cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am planning to buy DSLR Camera which one should I go for .

kalyan
Apprentice

Dear Team,

I am planning to buy DSLR Camera which one should I go for . I have selected  three camera models EOS Rebel T4i DSLR , EOS Rebel T5i DSLR  or EOS 7D please let know the cons and pros of the three cameras and help in buying .

Regards,

Kalyan 

4 REPLIES 4

Skirball
Authority

There's not much of a jump from the T4i to the T5i; Canon releases updates to these Rebels so frequently they often lack substance.  Looking at the specs I don't see anything that jumps out at me - I'd grab whichever one I could get cheaper.

The 7D is a substantial jump up.  Much more sophisticated autofocus.  Faster burst rate, shorter shutter lag, weather sealing, better build, better LCD, viewfinder coverage, etc.  Keep in mind it's the same old sensor, but there's a lot more to a camera than a sensor.   The 7D has been the go to camera of sports enthusiasts for years.

Edit:  I didn't mean to sound like I was selling the Rebels short, I think they're a great camera for the price, depending on your needs.  There are things that more novice photographers may prefer in a camera over the 7D, like built in flash, or the flip out screen, or in-camera HDR.

ScottyP
Authority

It would help to know what you shoot, and in what conditions. 

The 7D would be the best for sports and fast-moving things because it has an advanced autofocus for tracking things.  It is also made of metal and it is weathersealed, so it is the choice if you are someone who shoots in extreme conditions or bad weather, or if you bang it around as you are rock climbing or running from bulls in Spain.  It is also larger than the Rebels if  you are someone who likes a large camera body.

Conversely, if you would not like so big a camera, or if you seldom shoot in rain, and you don't beat up your camera bodies, and if you want to save several hundred dollars, or if you don't have the desire/patience to master the somewhat more complex 7D autofocus system, you may want to go with the Rebels.

Good luck!

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

fromninggar
Apprentice

http://onlinecamerastores.net
There is a good website where you can purchase the new Canon now at a very good price.
At the moment they have the camera in stock, but I don’t know how long it will last

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You must decide your personal goal first. Rebel (anythings) will suffice and exceed the requirements of the vast majority of people. However, if you have a mind to be an advanced armature, photo enthusiast or even a pro, than the 7D is your choice. It is really a tough call when you try to compare entry level DSLR's to a pro-level DSLR like the 7D. In that arena the 7D wins every time.

Despite the easily thrown around 'facts' on the web that say they have the same sensor, I have my doubts. I don't think that Canon makes sensors on a line with a 'Y' fork in it and Rebel sensors go to the left and 7D sensors go the the right.

You are comparing cameras of different generations. There is a three year gap between the Canon EOS 7D and the Canon EOS Rebel T4i. All things being equal, newer sensor generations generally outperform the older ones.

So, if you just want great pictures, maybe video and reasonable cost and are not thinking an advanced photo hobby or possibly pro stuff, go for the T4i.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements