cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Dropped my Camera

kosta
Apprentice

Hello,couple of days ago i dropped my camera and untill that point my camera worked fine.so only part removed from the camera was the battery door,other than that just a scratch on the body,and then i put back the camera door and also the battery firmly placed,but still it won't turn on,i would greatly appreciate your ideas that  might get it to work,thank you in advance

12 REPLIES 12

Danny

Hi, kosta!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which Canon camera model you're using.  That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by ready to help 24/7 via email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 8 AM and midnight ET (5 AM to 9 PM PT), and Saturdays from 10 AM to 8 PM ET (7 AM to 5 PM PT). We also encourage you to check out our Knowledge Base at that same link for answers to common questions.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Danny sorry about that,my model is 600D,yeah i will check knowledge base,thank you for the reply

If you drop a camera hard enough to produce a scratch or knock the battery door loose, it almost certainly has some internal damage (and possibly also damage to the lens, if a lens was on it). If it's an old Rebel, it won't be worth the cost of fixing it. If it's a newer or better camera, it probably will be. But it needs professional attention, because such damage can be very hard to find.

Some people don't use the neck strap, thinking it makes them look like a nerd. Don't be one of those. The dirty little secret is that all photographers look like nerds; if you can't accept that. find another profession or hobby. And IIRC, the most nerdlike photographer I ever saw was wearing a neck strap. (What outed him was that he was trying to use bounce flash outdoors.)

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Hi RobertTheFat,yeah it did scratch the body,right below the battery compartment,and yes the lens on it,but not a single scratch.and for your information i am not in any way a professional photographer,just a guy with 600D and 18-135 kit lens,and trying to learn about it.also i always have the strap and at that moment my camera attached to a tripod and i accidently stepped on snow crystal.thank you for the reply

If you have a second battery pack or adapter kit also try it because battery packs are also subject to damage from the shock of a fall.

Good luck!

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

There is a switch that is activated by the battery cover when the cover is closed. Check to see if the switch is stuck or the activator on the battery cover is damaged. 

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/280431/My+camera+won't+shoot.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi jrhoffman75 i will check that mate,thank you for the reply

It needs to be checked out by Canon service.  If nothing is broken, it still can have lens alignment issues. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Dasgeiss
Apprentice

See if there is a tiny micro switch operated by the battery door when closed.  You will have to look for it with a magnifying glass.  If you find one then you may have to glue something like a piece of plastic on top of it to get it to push all the way down when the door is closed.  Look for a protruding piece of plastic on the door as a hint where the switch may be located.

Announcements