cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use nikon lens on canon body.

BestUps
Apprentice

Hello,
Got really hard time figuring this out, which adapter ring is needed in my case,
recentry bought Canon 200d body and wanted to use two lens with nikon F mount on it
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm 1:1.8G DX
and
TAMRON AF 70-300MM F/4-5.6 DI LD MACRO (NIKON)
as I'm new to canon, would really prefer to use direct links, thank for all advices.

22 REPLIES 22

@lly3988 wrote:
Btw. Programming the chips is quite easy. You can even configurate the focus +- confirm etc

The programming is akin to transmitting a paragraph of Morse code.  If you get one character wrong, then you start the message over from the absolute beginning.  No, thank-you.

The adapters are not for everyone, and I agree that they are not mainstream.  Yes, you can get widely varying reviews on the same gear from different sites.  But, I tend to give more credence to a place llike B&H, where many professionals shop, than a place like Best Buy, which rates an entry level Rebel as perhaps the best camera ever made.

Don’t let me stop you from enjoying your fun.  Just don’t make misleading posts about it, because using that type of adapter is not the best thing since they invented beer with bubbles in it.  They can, and do, break with heavier lenses.

——————————————————-

The only manual lens that I use for general photography is an ultra wide angle 14mm lens, which I can use to dial in the hyperfocal distance.  Once I my focus is dialed in, everything beyond a few feet is in razor sharp focus.  All I need to do is check every so often that I haven’t bumped the focus ring, throwing the focus off. 

I use other manual focus lenses, but only when mounted on a tripod: i.e.; a tilt-shift lens.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

lly3988
Rising Star
To the OP : when you wanna know anything about non Canon, go elsewhere.

This place is for Canon only.

Good luck.

@lly3988 wrote:
To the OP : when you wanna know anything about non Canon, go elsewhere.

This place is for Canon only.

Good luck.

Pleasestart to follow question from first post. Thank you.

Announcements