cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add mic input on Canon EOS 1200D?

Anonymous12
Contributor

Hello,

I am one of the consumer of Canon EOS 1200D with EF 18-55 MM Kit. I noticed that it doesn't have an audio input. However, I like to record audio from my mixer and video from my DSLR simultaneeously without video editing. Is there a way to add an audio input to the camera? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Negative.  You must record your audio separately, and then use video editing.  Use a digital slate to sync audio and video.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Negative.  You must record your audio separately, and then use video editing.  Use a digital slate to sync audio and video.

Thank you for replying.

Is connecting a 2.5 mm jack to the remote connector allows me to record audio and video simultaneously? Thanks

@Anonymous12 wrote:

Is connecting a 2.5 mm jack to the remote connector allows me to record audio and video simultaneously? Thanks

Negative.  There are no audio inputs associated with that connector on a T5.  None.

Ok, Thanks for the helpful response.Smiley Happy

@Anonymous12 wrote:

Actually, come to think of it, you will record audio and video simultaneously.  Audio will be recorded by the built-in microphone.

This is the second time recently that this bit of misunderstanding has popped up. Where do people get this idea?

@kvbarkley wrote:

This is the second time recently that this bit of misunderstanding has popped up. Where do people get this idea?

The plug connector is identical to that typically used for a microphone input, stereo or mono.

I know, but even if I thought you could randomly stick 2.5mm plugs into any 2.5 mm jack and have it work, I would think "headphone", not "microphone"

Announcements