Did you mean: 

How do you take movie file off a Canon Rebel T4i SD card

TigerRon
Apprentice

1 REPLY 1

ScottyP
Authority

Hi,

If you don't have a card reader, you can use the cables that come with your camera to transfer files that way.  I have a card reader built into my computer.  Or, you can pick up a card reader cheap that plugs into your computer.  Either way, a card reader is frankly just easier and faster IMHO.

I just create a new folder on my portable hard drive (on which I store all my photos so it does not clog up my computer, or die when my old computer dies).  Open a window in My Computer for the folder where you want it to go, and open a separate window for your SD card.  Your movie files should appear alongside your photo files on your card when you open it up.  Just highlight all the files on the card, then drag and drop it all into the file you made to store it.  No problem.

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
Announcements