cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you date and time stamp pictures and videos using a EOS Rebel T3?

jettaylor
Apprentice

I am needing to utilize date and time stamping on videos and photos in my work.  The pictures and videos must display time, a date, and reference number.  I have gone through the cd, owner's manuel and software manuel and I am unclear if I can perform this function. 

15 REPLIES 15

I doubt it. Smiley Sad

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

IMHO, for sure NO.
Most people who use DSLR don't need this feature or already know how to do it in post processing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Yea i never got  another canon again because of this, i know how to do it post processing.

Canon could have added that feature leave it to the user turn it on or off

grace-fultz
Apprentice

Yes it would be nice to have the option to. turn on-off because i bought Cannon for the name and it has a " date time. section"  just. why so dang hard cannon??  just an off-on button literally spent hours watching YouTubes to find an answer, and found it here.

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

jettaylor,

When you say "display", how are these images displayed?

I ask, because I have a T8i. When I go into Playback of my photos and hit the Info button twice, every photo I have on my memory card has a date and time stamp up in the top right hand corner. The picture number is up in the top left.

I haven't looked at the EXIF data on an Image Editing program just yet, so I don't know if  the date and time is recorded there or not.

I would imagine that if you took your card out and used a card reader, if you opened up an image viewing or editing program (I use IrfanView mostly), and looked the properties of an individual picture, it would list the date and time.

Steve Thomas

No, the want the info *on the image* for documentation purposes, not just displayed on the camera.

Announcements