cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i get focussed images with my T-adaptor and 6mm eyepeice?

toonies
Apprentice

I have a Celestron 5se + canon 650d. They are mated with the celestron t-ring and the 93625 t-adaptor.
I want to take magnified photos of planets with the camera. But if I add an eyepiece to the t-adaptor, everything gets blur.
Here are some scenarios that highlight the problem:

1. look at Jupiter with 25mm eyepiece in telescope: clear and focused image
 2. look at Jupiter with 6mm eyepiece in telescope: clear and focused zoomed image
 3. look at Jupiter with camera and no eyepiece inside the t-adaptor, in telescope: clear and focused image but small.
 4. look at Jupiter with camera and 6mm eyepiece inside the t-adaptor, in telescope: large unfocused ball

I dont know how to solve this.
Clearly, the 93625 t-adaptor was made to accept an eyepiece and lock it with the thumbscrew, but why does it not result in focused images?

20160415_094540.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

The focal length may be too short.  The T-mount does not guarantee everything will work.  It only allows you to mate them together.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

cicopo
Elite

The set up I have REPLACES the eyepiece rather than attaches to it. It was originally bought in an FD mount but I was able to buy an EF adapter for it but I just have a cheap telescope.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I just visited a popular online photo/video store, B&H.  I assume that you are using the Celestron NexStar 5 SE.  I am not certain if you have the correct camera adapter.  B&H currently lists a different model number, 93635-A, camera adapter.  The image of the adapter posted at B&H shows different marking on the barrel than yours.

" First, remove the eyepiece. Next, attach the SLR camera adapter where the eyepiece would normally be attached to the telescope, and screw in a t-mount adapter to the opposite end of the SLR camera adapter. Now you can attach your camera to the t-mount and you are ready to begin taking pictures! " 

The above quote is from the product description of the adapter.  The camera adapter is used in place of an eyepiece, not in conjunction with one.  I would advise consulting Celestron, or even B&H, for better advice and guidance.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

That's how mine works. The camera replaces the eye piece.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

@cicopo wrote:

That's how mine works. The camera replaces the eye piece.

That's good to know.  The OP has a generic camera adapter, which mounts onto an eyepiece, instead of the one made specifically for his telescope model.  Maybe an extension on the T-adapter could "fix" his generic one.  Who can say?  But, the model specific adapter costs nearly the same as an extension.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements