cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make settings for Macro shots on my Canon EOS Rebel T3

faizysahib
Apprentice

Hi everyone, 

I need to take macro clean shots for hand wristwatches from my Canon EOS Rebel T3 with Lens EFS 18-55mm Lens. I need guidance on camera settings. I tried myself but shots coming out not clear what I am expecting it to be. I would really appreciate any help.

Thank you so much.

4 REPLIES 4

Ray-uk
Whiz

Shoot in AV or manual mode with a small aperture probably about f11, side lighting to avoid reflections or bounced external flash gun pointed at the ceiling above but the best results will be obtained with a proper macro lens.

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You will be much farther away than you want with that lens. You will have to crop. Set the lens to 55 mm, and manual focus. Move the camera back an forth until you get hte image in focus. That will be your maximum magnification.

You might want to invest in an EF-S 60mm macro lens.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You will not get very sharp product photos with the kit lens.  Pick up a real macro lens, like the suggested EF-S 60mm.  

For best results, you will want, actually need, to perform some degree of post processing of the images.  Learn how to do non-destructive editing of your images.  I do not mean converting RAW to JPG, something which you should always do.  I mean literally retouching or recreating your images.  Creating a pure white background is done in post, and not so much in camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"You will not get very sharp product photos with the kit lens.  Pick up a real macro lens, like the suggested EF-S 60mm."

Even with that lens your results will not be perfectly clear. Meaning in sharp focus.  You need to either take a Photoshop course or dive deep in to the PS manual. But the bottom line is you need to post edit. I would rather use PS and a poor lens than have the best macro lens and no PS.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements