cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I exit T2i quick control screen?

friendlyphotog
Apprentice

I turned the camera on and the LCD screen displayed shooting settings. I pressed the "Q" button to activate the Quick Control Screen. How do I exit the Quick Control Screen and get back to the shooting settings screen? I can't get rid of the blue "Q" on the lower left corner of the screen. Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

ScottyP
Authority
Usually you press Q again.

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Thanks Scott, but I tried that and it did not work. I turned the camera off and on several times and I still have the "Q". I have downloaded and installed latest software. May be forced to reset camera if I can't figure this out.

@friendlyphotog wrote:

Thanks Scott, but I tried that and it did not work. I turned the camera off and on several times and I still have the "Q". I have downloaded and installed latest software. May be forced to reset camera if I can't figure this out.

Try the "Menu" button as well. At a minimum, it should try to replace the "Q" display. If it doesn't, it really starts to look like you may have a stuck "Q" button.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

If a half-press on the shutter doesn't clear it, try resetting the camera.  Rebels want to try to retain the last screen displayed to the user, most especially during power on/off cycles.  Depending upon the model, a button can be assigned to turn off the LCD. 

By default, pressing "Q" should turn off the Quick Menu.  In fact, you may have to press it twice if the camera is in an Edit Mode for one of the Quick Menu settings.  Press "Q" once to exit Edit Mode, and a second time to exit the Quick Menu.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks to everybody for their help but have not had any success. Have cleared camera settings, Have pushed the Q button many times, Have turned the camera off and on several times, Removed battery - all to no avail. Have taken several shots but it did not change anything. The Q button is working as it brings up settings to change when pushed. I have tried holding down on the button for several seconds but nothing happened. Guess I will just shoot with it the way it is for now.

Does pressing DISP button clear it?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Pushing DISP button turns off display, but when you push the button again, the display comes back on in Q mode.

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON. They could give you an estimate for checkout/repair. Given the age of the camera repair may not be cost effective. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements