cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I set the camera to 1/125, F11, 100 ISO?

Freddyfred69
Apprentice

Hello,

Please someone tell me how can I set my Canon Rebel T5 at 1/125,F11 and 100 ISO?

I tried many thing with no succes... I can always change 2 settings but never a 3rd one.

Please help me! 

Thank you in advance

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If the mode dial were set to "M", then you should be able to set any of those three values to anything you want.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

Thank you for your answer.  Yes I can set this to 1/250 and 100 ISO but where is the button to switch to focal?

There is the 5 buttons ''ISO'', ''AF'', ''WB'', ''The timer button'' and ''set'' button.

The ''Q'' button also but I can not switch to adjust the focal...

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

For the Moon, you can use an exposure rule call the "Looney 11 Rule".  No, I did not make that up.

See:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Looney_11_rule

In simple terms, the rule says that as long as your f-stop (Aperture value or "Av" setting) is set to f/11, then... the shutter speed is simply the INVERSE of the ISO setting.

So at ISO 100, you use a shutter speed of 1/100th.

At ISO 200, you use a shutter speed of 1/200th.

At ISO 400, you use a shutter speed of 1/400th, etc.

The direct inverse relationship only works correctly (for the Moon) at f/11.

If you learn how exposure settings work (e.g. get a book such as "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson or pick up Scott Kelby's "Digital Photography" series (which I think is no up to 5 volumes but the primer information is in the first volumes if you choose not to buy them all) then you'll realize that you can learn to "trade" stops of aperture for stops of shutter speed.

In other words you can use other f-stops (you don't just have to use f/11) if you trade stops of aperture offset by stops of, say, shutter speed.  

Here's a video that helps explain this "exposure" concept:

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements