cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get my computer to recognize the canon eos digital rebel

Ronx
Contributor

I have not used this camera for more than 2 years.  I now have a laptop with windows 7.  This computer will not recognize this camera when I plug it in to usb to download pictures.  I have tried everything except what is going to work.

29 REPLIES 29

I forgot this detail: I'm not in the US but in Europe (Belgium). I bought it in Belgium as well. Is that a problem ?

Ronx,

Same feeling, except I have a six month old Rebel T6. I don't know what the issue is but I'm in the same boat.

Wow, a lot of questions.  When I plug the camera in and turn it on, nothing happens.  On my old computer it would open automatically.  On my shop computer I would go to "my computer" and click on the drive that had the camera plugged in.  On this computer, nothing happens.  

I have the original software with the camera and have gone into that program and tried to find the camera there, but again nothing.

I am having the same problem!!! Did you figure it out?

@CamaroLoverz wrote:

I am having the same problem!!! Did you figure it out?

what model is your rebel???   One thing you can do is uninstall and re-install your software.  Make sure you have the most up to date software installed.  make sure you have all your windows updates installed.   And make sure your windows operating system is compatible with your rebel software.  Check it out on canon website.

I called Cannon Support at 800-652-2666.  They told me to go in the camera's menu and under tools, change the format to PIP.  He then told me to use the USB cable and plug it into my computer and turn on the camera.  My Windows Vista system recognize the camera.  I had a little trouble using Photo Gallery so I copied the folders on my camera over to my pictures folder on my computer.

Good luck. 

Spoiler
Smiley Wink

Canon's website says there are no drivers or utilities for this version.  My camera (eos digital rebel) I think is one of the first to come out.

hsbn
Whiz

Check out this one: http://forums.usa.canon.com/t5/EOS/300D-and-Vista-Need-help/m-p/19907#U19907

Hope it can help, in short, change your Communication type of your Rebel to PTP. Most older version Rebel and xxD line camera have this options.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

And where does one find this communication setting?

Announcements