cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get my T6 EOS 1300d by wifi to my iPhone via Camera Connect?

bdick123
Apprentice

After cownloading Canon Camera Connect, I have followed the manual p 22 for Easy Connection by Enabling Wifi/NFC function and selected Wi-Fi function, followed by Connect to Smartphone.  At that point I am not given the Easy Connection option (though on an earlier attempt I was).  As a result I am not given the option of connecting to the camera and inserting a password shown on the camera display.  What can I do to establish this function more than one time? 

2 REPLIES 2

@bdick123 wrote:

After cownloading Canon Camera Connect, I have followed the manual p 22 for Easy Connection by Enabling Wifi/NFC function and selected Wi-Fi function, followed by Connect to Smartphone.  At that point I am not given the Easy Connection option (though on an earlier attempt I was).  As a result I am not given the option of connecting to the camera and inserting a password shown on the camera display.  What can I do to establish this function more than one time? 

After reading, in this forum, dozens of, messages similar to yours. I've had to conclude that many (most?) of those who try to use wifi with their cameras simply don't understand wifi well enough to succeed. If you've had a fair amount of experience setting up wifi clients and access points and debugging flaky wifi connections, you'll probably be OK. But if all your knowledge of wifi comes from a camera manual, you're probably doomed to failure. Wifi isn't the most complicated network protocol, but it's complicated enough to require a certain level of expertise to use it effectively. And unlike some other protocols (USB and wired Ethernet, for example), it's hard to hide its complexity from the user. This is no reflection on you or on any other user who finds wifi difficult to use. IT's just that network engineering, like photography, is a complex field, and those who succeed at it do so because they've acquired a considerable amount of specialized knowledge along the way.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Bob has a point, I hate to say it. 

Page 22 of the T6 Wi-Fi manual refers to establishing NFC connections, not Wi-Fi.  Many iPhones do not have NFC.  Instructions for making a Wi-Fi connection to a smartphone start page 24.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements