cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I extend the Live View time beyond 20 seconds on my Rebel T1i

87corvettechuck
Apprentice

I am using my Rebel T1i for astrophography.  I need the Live Yiew for focusing telescope on an object.  However it shuts off after about 20 seconds requiring me to reactivate the Live Yiew button.  I need upwards of 1 minute of  live view.  How to adjust?  p.s. my T1i is coupled to my telescope without lenses.

Thanks, Chuck

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Change the "Auto Power Off" to 1 min or longer and the LiveView should stay for the same time period. 

T1i power off.jpg

Mike Sowsun

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

cale_kat
Mentor
Go into the menu and choose camera settings, the icon of a camera appears on the tab. Scroll down to LCD preview and select. Change the value to your desired setting. That's it!

I am wondering if this was not included in the T1i.  I don't have a menu driven camera setting and certainly don't have LCD Preview on any of the menu driven settings.  Can you tell me where I am not looking?  Thanks, Chuck

@87corvettechuck wrote:

I am wondering if this was not included in the T1i.  I don't have a menu driven camera setting and certainly don't have LCD Preview on any of the menu driven settings.  Can you tell me where I am not looking?  Thanks, Chuck

There's no "Menu" button on a T1i? My wife's T2i certainly has one.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Change the "Auto Power Off" to 1 min or longer and the LiveView should stay for the same time period. 

T1i power off.jpg

Mike Sowsun

Mike, thanks.  Got it!  No more questions. Chuck

@MikeSowsun wrote:

T1i power off.jpg

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements