cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I download EOS software online?

ladybrayton
Contributor

I have a Rebel T1i with the 18-55 IS lens and have lost the software disc that came with the camera.  My old pc died so my husband built me a new computer.  I tried to download the software online, but it just keeps sending me in a neverending loop of picking my camera model.  I don't see any software options or zip folders.  Can somebody please help me?  

I tried to load my pics to directly to Adobe, but that isn't working for some reason.  I'm in the middle of a project and really need the pics from my camera so any help would be greatly appreciated.

16 REPLIES 16

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Are you starting on this page?

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/

You will need to type in your model number, followed by a space, and then select your model number from a list that appears after a second, or so.  This should navigate you to the product support page for your camera.

When product support page opens, you should see a number of boxes.  The red boxes are the active ones.  Selecting a box in the top section will cause the choices to change in the lower section

T1i_DownloadPage.PNG

Select the Software box on the lower row.  You may have to reselect the operating system, due to the age of the T1i.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Since you don't have the original CD you will have to download the EOS Solution disk image first. Install that and then you can install the updates. The updates won't work if they can't find an original installation. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

OK...stupid newb question. Where do I find the EOS solution disk image? Thanks for the help!

EOS Solution Disk is one of the available downloads. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

This is ine of the software products. It's for downloading images. But note that you have to download the EOS Solution disk. See note at bottonyof link you posted b

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yeah, I figured it was an update and not the actual EOS Solution Disk. I can't seem to find the disk as an option. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong area? I even typed the solution disk in the search bar and got over 1400 things to sort through. I'm finding the canon site a little less than useful. It says "download this first", but it doesn't provide a direct link. lol. I'll keep trying to find it. Thanks for your help. I do understand I need the original before adding updates. Thanks again.

Since the Solution Disk is the same for all cameras go to the 1D Mark IV site. I know it's there. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

Since the Solution Disk is the same for all cameras go to the 1D Mark IV site. I know it's there. 

Wouldn't you need a 1D Mark IV serial number to download the Solution Disk from that page?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements